Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Ice Witch, Scene v1

Slow posts, I know. I'll try and work on this more frequently. No guarantees though.

====================================================================================

“All seems to be in order. We will be leaving in five minutes,” announced Devin.

Sara sauntered up to Kismet with a mischievous grin on her face, followed by a small group of her lackeys. “Hey, Kismet.”

Kismet rolled her eyes away.

“You know. I was thinking about yesterday and I just wanted to say, I was completely out of line. I shouldn’t have acted the way I did.”

The Catheran cringed in disgust when Sara stood shoulder-to-shoulder with her. If there was one thing that annoyed her more than Sara, it was when she would give a fake apology, often followed by some insult.

“So I decided to buy you a little something to show you how sorry I am.” Sara pulled out a red leather collar with a bronze tag. “See. I even had your name engraved on it—Furball.”

Sara’s group chuckled in amusement as Kismet sighed with annoyance. Sara leaned closer, with a grin on her face. “It suits you better than the one you’re wearing now. You’ve had that thing on forever.”

Sara reached to unfasten Kismet’s silver leaf collar. Kismet violently gripped her arm with a piercing glare. “Seriously, what is wrong with you? Do you really have nothing better to do with your time?”

Sara gave a big shrug with a mockingly innocent look. “I was just trying to apologize for yesterday. No need to get all catty about it.”

“You really are pathetic.” Kismet threw Sara’s arm away from her with a groan and walked off.

“Hooo, I feel bad for you, Sara. Having to put up with that every time you’re on assignment,” commented one of the lackeys.

“I know, right? Just my luck to be stuck with Furball here.”

“She has to be bringing you down. You should request a squad reassignment.”

“You don’t think I’ve tried? Ever since day one I’ve tried to get away from that freak. They must enjoy watching me suffer. And I swear, I’ll skin that damned cat alive if it costs me my spot by Raze’s side,” replied Sara irritably.

Silence befell the group when a young sorceress passed by. “What’s she doing here?”

Nakita Elise of the Royal Guard, was speaking with General Devin. Her mixed blood made no effort of hiding itself. A full head shorter than Devin, her dark-brown Rokan hair and her icy-blue Telan eyes was unmistakable to anyone who had ever dealt with her. The thin leather and embroidered red cloth that formed her armor signified her status as a full-fledged wizard.

“Don’t tell me she’s going with us too. First the Catheran, and now the witch?” said another.

“Witch? You know her? She just looks like some mage girl.”

“You don’t know who that is, Lu? Look at her gloves. They’re etched with silver runes, and those blue gems are essences of Undine.”

“Wait. That’s Princess Lydia’s Guardian, the Ice Witch? I never knew that was her. After all the stories I’ve heard about her, I expected her to look more…cruel.”

“Don’t let the way she looks fool you. You heard what she did to Sandler right?”

Nakita walked by the group of soldiers toward the rear of the caravan. Her neatly tied, long, smooth hair was pinned fashionably by ornate gem-studded pins, complimenting her profound figure. She gave them an ice-cold gaze as she passed by, sending shivers down their spines.

“Best to avoid her as much as possible,” the soldier warned.

Lu looked at Nakita once more, unable to believe that members of the military could fear such a well-mannered looking young woman. If anything, he found her to look mysteriously charming.




First: Kismet vs. Bandits, Scene v1
Previous: In the Kitchen, Scene v1
Next: Jastor's Pass, Scene v1

1 comment:

Miseri said...

Slow posts wat, once a week is lightning fast!

Not too much to say about this part though, since half of it was just introducing a new character, I guess? And the other half is just Sara being a total bitch, which is clearly nothing new from what you've shown so far :D

I'm hoping Nakita is a likeable character though. She sounds pretty and mean, those are stereotypically at least somewhat villainous ;-;