Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lost Promise, Scene v1

He quickly found the next letter to read on.

Day 11, 2nd Month of Autumn, Year 1126
Dear Lucas,


I miss you so much, Lucas. It feels like it’s been over
a year since I left. It’s a lot harder than I thought to
find a place to live for so many people. Luckily Commander
Hazalin from the Republic has come to help us. It’s thanks
to him that we can manage to find enough food and warmth
to keep searching. I really hope we find a new home soon
so I can see you again. Kain and Mother are keeping strong,
so I’ll stay strong too.

I’ll come back as soon as I can, I promise. Keep doing your
best in training! I want to hear all about it when I’m back.
We can drink some hot cocoa by the fire when winter comes,
like last year. I memorized some poems from the people here
that I’m sure you’d love to hear.

Yours forever,

Isella



Lucas fought back the tears that stung his eyes. He quickly wiped his face with the back of his hand as he continued with the third letter.

Day 8, 3rd Month of Autumn, Year 1126
Dear Lucas,

Every night is getting colder and it’s becoming harder for
us to find enough food. Mother is becoming weak because she
keeps giving us most of her food. I really hope we find
somewhere soon. Everyone is becoming restless and we’re all
hungry. If something doesn’t change soon, I’m afraid as to
what they may do.

I hope things are better for you. I can’t wait to see you
again. I told myself that I shouldn’t see you until this is
all over, otherwise I don’t think I’d be able to go through
with it, but it’s too hard. I’ll be at the willow on the
night of the Winter’s Feast next month. I miss you too much,
I have to see you again. Promise me you’ll meet me there.

Love,

Isella



His heart sunk. All this time he could’ve read those letters. He was there, at home, with his family. The willow was only, at most, a twenty-minute walk away from Yuin, and she was there waiting for him. But he never showed. "If only I knew…if only I met her that night…then maybe she would’ve come home, and none of this would’ve ever happened." The tears escaped his eyes as he sobbed with frustration.

He held the last letter out to Kismet. She took it hesitantly, staring at him. She unfolded it slowly, unsure if he wanted her to read it.



First: Kismet vs. Bandits, Scene v1
Previous: Unexpected Company, Scene v1
Next: Lost Promise (Part 2), Scene v1

No comments: